Hybrid NMI/2110 IP Solution - Organizations such as SMPTE, AIMS, VSF, EBU, AMWA, etc., have been hard at work to streamline the transition to Video over IP. Significant progress has been made in the past year to ensure that the proposed SMPTE 2110 standard ecosystem will meet the needs of all stakeholders.
Standards of this magnitude will undoubtedly take longer than many would like, particularly in the areas of control and 4K. Nextera and Sony are here to offer a working solution that customers can adopt today and will transition to 2110. This system leverages Sony’s field proven Networked Media Interface (NMI).
SMPTE 2110 Progress
- Video/Audio/Meta interoperability demonstrated (uncompressed HD only)
- Intitial Registration/Discovery/Control work looks promising, but more work is required
- No clear Compression solution to support 4K over 10G
Nextera is offering a hybrid solution that provides a technology bridge. Customers can use Nextera’s hybrid core to select between a 2110 or NMI stream on the fly, all managed by a unified control system.
- Live System Manager (LSM) control system is available today and will be compatible with BOTH NMI and 2110
- Hybrid Encoder transmits 2110 for HD, NMI for 4K
- Hybrid Decoder auto-detects stream format
Hybrid NMI/2110 Solution
- Video over IP Comparison - JT-NM requirements compared to the current available solutions
- JT-NM and NMI Roadmap - Defined timeline for planning and development of SMPTE 2110
- Video over IP Glossary - Defined list of common terms used in Video over IP
- SMPTE 2110 - A complete ecosystem that will include all the necessary standards for Studio Video over IP
- intoPIX TICO - A light weight compression core, capable of compressing video for transport of 4Kp60 over a 10G network